Saturday, August 13, 2011

Katy Trail Day 4 - Pilot Grove, MO

15mi

Lost track of the mileage today, so I'm going off the trail map info. Either way, it was a very short ride. I did some resupplying at a discount bakery in Boonville, then hung around the restored Depot for a while. The ride into Pilot Grove was uneventful in a good way. Got some cash at the bank in town, then settled in at the park and wrote journal entries.

So far, the actual campgrounds I've passed by have looked a bit overgrown, buggy, and weedy. Don't get me wrong, I'm really not that picky, but I will point out that the town parks have been much nicer overnight stops, thus far. This one has a pool, two clean picnic shelters with lights and electrical outlets, and grills. I made a dinner of some Lambs Quarters I found growing at Eagle Bluff and shell pasta. The pasta turned out gummy, but the greens where better than I'd expected. I'll have to start picking more of this stuff when I see it.


Bridge to Boonville. Goodbye, Missouri River. Nice knowing you, but you're just not as interesting as the Mississippi.


Boonville.


Park at Pilot Grove.


No comments:

Post a Comment